Tuesday 24 July 2018

Today.


Today was sweet, as the past week or so has been. I have found a certain rhythm - work on the dissertation in the morning, relax in the afternoon (or maybe work some more) and I have been really enjoying it. While I was writing this morning my father told me there was a free spot for me to get some vaccine shots that I’ve been putting off for years, so I stopped everything and got out with Dad. On the way back from the hospital we got some errands done, driving from one place to the other with the windows down, chatting about silly things. He cooked pasta for lunch, the basil snipped from the plant on the balcony. I lazily worked some more in the afternoon, taking the odd knitting break, then cut the fabric I bought yesterday to make a (hopefully) very simple skirt. I wish I had the words to express how special this utterly ordinary day was. The thought that this might be my last full Summer at home has been popping up in my mind every now and then, and quickly put away in a corner of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment