Tuesday 18 October 2016

An introduction.

Untitled

It's been a couple of years since I last had a proper blog. I had one ever since I was 11, and now I'm 22. And even before that, I have kept a journal ever since I knew how to hold a pen; I think I have always felt the need to write my thoughts down somewhere. To keep track of them, of course, and to understand them better. I kept a beauty blog for a couple of years, which I stopped posting on in 2015. I didn't feel like I had anything interesting to add to the table. I still don't, to be honest.

I feel like my outlook on life has really changed in the past year, as I have been trying to live more mindfully. It all began when I read an article about a woman who tried not to buy anything new for a year. I started reading and thinking about conscious consumerism, zero waste living, ethical fashion and slow living in general, and that really opened my eyes. I feel like nowadays we all tend to live life absent-mindedly and I have been trying my best to correct that.

So I want this place to be somewhere where I can keep track of the beautiful things that happen in the day-to-day life, the things you have to take time to notice or they'll just slip away. The morning light, the feeling of the first sip of hot tea in the morning, the scent of Spring in the air.

This is what I have been thinking lately: I don't want to let things just pass me by. This is my one life and I want to live every minute of it at the fullest.

More practically, I want to have somewhere to practice my writing and photography skills. I used to write lots and photograph lots in my high school years, before university got in the way, and I would like to change that. My only worry, if you can call it that, is that I don't live what can be considered a very exciting life; I'm a full-time student and sometimes I don't leave the house for days. I don't go to pretty coffee shops and drink lattes every day, and my house is not very 'instagrammable'. This is what makes me think that I don't have anything interesting to say or show in pictures - isn't that what people are interested in right now? I hope not.

Anyways, I feel inspired and have felt for a while. So I'm going with my feeling and we'll see what happens.

PS: I took that photo back in 2011! I remember that moment so vividly. It was the afternoon my dad began to teach me how to drive. I used to take pretty good photos back then and uploaded them on my Flickr account (the Instagram of the past, haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment