Sunday 13 May 2018

This week. #3





Last week... 

I couldn’t post because I had a bout of tendinitis in my right arm and I didn’t want to aggravate it any further. I still have to be careful now not to use my right arm too much, but it’s going better.

This week... 

I had one very good, productive day of study. I was the most focused I’ve been in a long time and it was very rewarding. I found that studying outside (only on the balcony, but still) makes me concentrate more than when I’m sitting at my desk.

I made progress on my sweater! I divided for the sleeves and now I’m working on the body. It’s all stockinette from now on so it’s super relaxing. I’m surprised at how easy to make this sweater is turning out, considering it’s my first knitted garment (well I’ve made a shawl earlier this year, but that was almost too easy).

I thought about how if I could go back in time I would do university completely differently, both on the curricular aspect and the social aspect. Completely differently. 

I went for a walk in my hometown with my parents and I can’t remember the last time that that has happened. It was lovely. Then after dinner we watched a documentary together in the living room, and I can’t remember the last time we did that either.

I started working again on my Wild Violet cross stitch project and I’m really enjoying it. It’s a really small design so I should be done with it soon! I got myself a lap frame a couple of months ago so I can stitch two-handed and don’t put as much stress on my right arm, and it’s working!

I doubted my abilities, as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment